The best prepaid phone plans can help you save money compared to what you’d pay for a postpaid plan from a major carrier. And you can get that lower bill without sacrificing data, as prepaid plans give you a wide array of options for your needs.
1. Mint Mobile – The best overall value
2. Verizon – Best for coverage
3. Visible – Best unlimited data prepaid
4. Boost Mobile – Best for families
5. AT&T – Best price from a main carrier
You will have to make some tradeoffs — you won’t get the perks that come with more expensive plans from the big carriers. Forget about free subscriptions to streaming services included in your plan or using your monthly data allotment when you travel overseas. At most, you’re likely to get some hotspot data. And you’re also subject to slower speeds if the network your prepaid carrier uses is clogged with traffic.